Friday, November 30, 2007

Quick Update!

Both babies are finally in the same room! I am so happy to have Emma out of the NICU! She is still technically considered a level 3 baby, but she is stable enough to be moved next to Camden in level 2. It makes it so much easier to watch them and talk to them when they are in the same place! We finally got to hold Emma on Wednesday! We have not been able to hold her since, but we were happy to finally get to hold her after a week and a half! Everyday is full of ups and downs right now. Emma still has an oxygen tube through her nose, and so far every attempt to ween her of the oxygen has failed. She isn't using very much oxygen, but she doesn't want to let go of what she has. Camden seems to be doing well with her feedings one day, and then the next day decides she doesn't like the milk so much. Emma is the same way with food. So for now, they are slowly progressing! I love when they are awake and looking at me. At those times, it makes everything else seem so minor! We are so lucky to have these sweet babies! They are just letting their parents know now that they will be going at their own pace. Mom is not in control! Which is has been a hard lesson to learn for me...I like to be in control. Thanks everyone for all your support! We love you! Check out the new pictures below!

8 comments:

ken said...

They look good you guys! I'm so happy to see that they're doing better. You guys look like naturals holding them-- you're going to be great parents.

Mull Family said...

So cute! I'm glad they are doing better... hopefully they will improve every day and will be coming home soon!

Emilie said...

Amanda they ae adorable. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you. I have been thinking about you and Katie everyday. Thats great that they are together now. Cant wait to meet them.

The Leavitt Family said...

Amanda you look great and so do the girls! It's great to here they are doing well. They'll be home before you know it.

Kelly said...

I just got on your blog today and found out you had the babies!! Congrats...I'm glad everything is going well and that both babies are doing good!! They are absolutely precious!! They are so lucky to have you two as parents!! Our prayers are with you!!

alma and nicole smith said...

im very happy to hear that they are progressing! its such a crazy rollercoaster ride. jagger had a problem with apnea and a big alarm would sound everytime he stopped breathing...nearly scared me to death!!! he came home on oxygen and with his apnea monitor, but was soon off both. the nurses said it would be 1 step forward, 2 steps back. not fun, but just the thought of them eventually coming home to you and being healthy is enough to keep your spirits up and going! love the pics! keep us updated...i check everyday! love you guys.

Amber said...

I'm glad that things are progressing, even if it is slowly. Isn't it wonderful to have the gospel? They are so precious!

Nicole Cave said...

I am so glad everything is going good...you are already a great mommy!! Didn't you just love the little pillows that Mary did?!

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Our Story...

Rob and I met in November of 2002 in the financial services office at BYU. After a very akward introduction, which involved me introducing myself in the third person, Rob called and asked me out. After a pretty amazing first date (its a long story-some other time), I confidently told Rob "that once he dated me he would never want to date anyone else." I really had no idea at that point that it was going to work out so well. We dated for the next five months and then one beautiful night on a bridge at Sundance resort, Rob and I got engaged. We were married four months later on August 16, 2003 in the Las Vegas, NV temple. And we have been living happily ever after since...