This week has been very hard to go through! It is so exciting to see the babies make progress, but when they take some steps backward, it can be very emotionally and physically exhausting. Here are this weeks highlights and lowlights:
1. Highlight: Camden loves to drink from a bottle! After a few days of just sucking out a little from the bottle, she finally got the hang of it and drank an entire bottle. Emma started to try the bottle, but is still a little akward with the sucking and swallowing. She will get their eventually!
2. Highlight: Seeing the two of them snuggling! I left them one day to go get some lunch, and when I came back they were totally snuggled up next to each other. I think Emma just really loves her sister! (See the pictures below.)
3. Lowlight: Camden got a fever on Monday morning signalling that she had an infection. Preemies can get very sick with infections. She got moved out of the bed with her sister and into an isolette immediately. They ran millions of tests including a lumbar puncture...which for me was the scarest thing in the world. They put her on antibotics and she seems to be doing so much better! Come to find out yesterday, that she has a mild urinary infection.
4. Lowlight: Emma after being the strong one for a few days, woke up Tuesday night throwing up. She has a stomach infection of some kind, the results of those tests will not be back until later today. She was rushed across the hall back to the intensive care unit for monitoring. It is very serious to get any kind of stomach infection. They started her on anitbotics, and stuck a suction tube down her throat into her stomach to suction out all of the mucous and junk. Poor little baby...she looks so sad to be away from her sister. All of the xrays of her stomach that have come back so far, look like she is getting better very quickly. Only problem is that she will have to be without food for at least three days, and when she is ready for food again they will have to start her very slowly. It could be at least a week before she starts trying with a bottle again! AHHHH!
5. Lowlight: Both babies had to have blood transfusions yesterday afternoon. They went well and both should have lots of energy now to fight their infections.
Please keep our little ones in your prayers! We hope that all of our friends and family are having a very happy and healthy holiday season! We love you!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amanda & Rob Finlinson
Our Story...
- Amanda Finlinson
- Rob and I met in November of 2002 in the financial services office at BYU. After a very akward introduction, which involved me introducing myself in the third person, Rob called and asked me out. After a pretty amazing first date (its a long story-some other time), I confidently told Rob "that once he dated me he would never want to date anyone else." I really had no idea at that point that it was going to work out so well. We dated for the next five months and then one beautiful night on a bridge at Sundance resort, Rob and I got engaged. We were married four months later on August 16, 2003 in the Las Vegas, NV temple. And we have been living happily ever after since...

11 comments:
What a rollercoaster you are on! I'm glad the girls are fighting hard. No doubt this experience will bring you and Rob closer together. I can't imagine the pain and worry for your girls. We are all thinking about and praying for your little family.
You have some strong little girls. They look so cute with all of the hair. We are thinking about you guys. We hope and pray that things get better.
This must be so scary and stressful for you! It seems like they are two tough little girls... fighting off each new obstacle. I will keep them and you in my prayers. PS- they keep getting cuter with each new post!
Isn't that the truth! I remember the first day Max was in the nicu the nurses saying it will be two steps forward one step back. And it definitely was. We learned on the good days to just enjoy it and be grateful and on the bad days to look forward to tomorrow. Those infections are scary. One think is for certain, this is worse for you than it is for them. No doubt about that. I've no doubt they have angels singing in their ears. They are beautiful and how wonderful that they have eachother.
oh amanda, i know that's frustrating. but i am so glad that they are alive and here. they love you so much and are fighting harder than you know to be here. hang in there girl. give those girls and that cute husband of yours a hug for us. love you.
I think about u every day, and after having a baby in the NICU me and Matt pray for all the babies and there families every night, especially the Finlinson twins. We never forget you guys in our prayers!!!
i cant imagine the rollarcoaster you are on! i willl keep you in my prayers. btw, i agree with previous comments, your girls keep getting cuter each day. your so lucky!
Wow, Amanda. It's Morgan Frehner from high school. I just found your blog through some others and I so sorry to see your cute babies in this situation. I'll keep you in my prayers. Thank goodness for good doctors and nurses.
Hey sweets!!! your girls are so tough!! Soon they will be snuggling in their crib at home :)
It was great to see you at the Rodeo, getting some down time.
we're praying for you and your girls. modern medicine amazes me. you guys seem to be handling it well. keep you heads up. (unless your praying; then keep it down;)
Oh Amanda! I don't know how you are doing this! We just got back from the hospital again with Maddox having a potential heart problem. I can't explain the emotions you experience watching you baby go through so many tests and be poked and crying so much and not being able to hold them and comfort them. I really pray for you right now. You are so brave and so are those sweet girls! We are thinking of you!
Post a Comment