Monday, September 22, 2008

Camden's First steps

Last night at family dinner, Camden decided to let go of whatever she was holding and walk to her Grandmother patiently waiting at the other end of the room. Rob and I just couldn't believe our eyes! We thought she would be weeks away from letting go and stepping into the big girl world of walking! We were very wrong! We were also completely unprepared for the event...we left the camera at home, and the video camera battery was not charged!! She has not tried it again since last night, but I am sure that she will be going everywhere she wants in no time at all! I was so proud of her in that moment...but at the same time I wanted to cry! I am not ready for her to be walking...that will mean that she needs me a little less! I guess they have to grow up no matter how many times I try to stop them!

P.S. Cute, chubby little Emma has no desire to walk! She can pull herself up and walk around the couch, but she is still very content to sit and play with her toys. Good baby! One at a time!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Yeah for Camden! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Don't be too sad, you will have another baby that needs you VERY soon.

Lauren said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! She was looking close but that is so soon! What a big girl. She is such a little explorer... watch out, now she can get into more mischief!

Kristen Parnell said...

Hooray! What progress.

Hey, can you please tell Melissa to invite me to her blog. I don't know her email address anymore!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweetheart! There is no way you could have known to have it on video. I have a feeling you'll never forget the moment though. We miss them (you)!

Zoo Keeper said...

Oh no! Now your in for it! Just joking!!! You are a fabulous mom! I want to be like you!

Mary said...

Hope all goes well this last couple of weeks. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Trish said...

That is so great. Just in time for baby number three. How fun.

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Our Story...

Rob and I met in November of 2002 in the financial services office at BYU. After a very akward introduction, which involved me introducing myself in the third person, Rob called and asked me out. After a pretty amazing first date (its a long story-some other time), I confidently told Rob "that once he dated me he would never want to date anyone else." I really had no idea at that point that it was going to work out so well. We dated for the next five months and then one beautiful night on a bridge at Sundance resort, Rob and I got engaged. We were married four months later on August 16, 2003 in the Las Vegas, NV temple. And we have been living happily ever after since...