Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ultrasound Gender Results-Not Conclusive!!

I am starting to get frustrated with our children and they are not even born yet! Rob and I went to our big ultrasound appointment on Friday to finally verify the gender of the twins. We were told that Baby "B" was a boy at two previous ultrasounds but after Friday...that might not be the case. Baby "A" finally cooperated and she is 95% a girl!! Yeah! But baby "b" had its legs crossed and folded up underneath his body so the ultrasound technician was not going to call it. But she did say at the end of the ultrasound that if she were to call it, that baby "b" was probably a girl! Rob refuses to believe that and will not think about having two girls until we see again at the next ultrasound appointment in two weeks. Every appointment one of the babies is not cooperating! What is the deal!

The great news is that they are both developing really well and that my cervix is holding up nicely! They are really worried that I might not be able to hold the weight of the babies to full term, so they will continue to check my cervix every two weeks until they are born. Crazy!

The bad news from all of this is that I can not move forward with decorating the nursery or planning until we finalize the gender of the babies! I guess nothing is really final until they are born! When you had ultrasounds, were the ultrasound techs or doctors always 100% sure of your babies gender? Am I the only person in the world with inconclusive results!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

YEah...I hope you have 2 girls...that would be so much fun just cuz I love girls. But a boy would be great too. At least you know you have one girl. When we got our ultrasound with Kylee the tech was pretty positive it was a girl...we had a full on shot..but the doctor said 50% chance just in case it wasn't. I don't think they can ever be completely sure but they usually know what they are talking about.

Melea said...

I still bet one is a boy and one is a girl...with our ultrasound, the lady was 100% sure it was a boy. She even took a pic and printed it out for us with an arrow pointing straight to his manhood. I can even tell from the pic that he is all boy, but I think that isn't the case with most babies. It's hard waiting!

alma and nicole smith said...

hey amanda! thats awesome if its 2 girls, that was my vote!!! well, what i have found is if they are unsure, it could be a boy or a girl...but if they are positive, its always a boy. with jagger they knew 2 seconds into it and showed us a very distinct "third leg" :) im so happy for you!! post more pregnant pics please!! i hope you dont have them too early...but if so you know who to call for support! enjoy the pregnancy! love ya girl.

Kaymee said...

At least you know one of them!!! That is soo exciting. With Jenna, my doc said 100% boy, then a few weeks later, the tech said "there is know way that is a boy!!" My kids never coopereated. It took many tries to get a little look see :) Enjoy their disobedience IN your belly because they are so much easier to take care- once they come out, there's nothing I can say except Good Luck! :P

the gregory's said...

Your kids already have strong personalities!!! The 3 ulatrasounds that I have had they were all sure it was a boy, I could even see the little wiener, and I know nothing about ultrasounds. Hey by the way who is your high risk doctor???

Amanda Finlinson said...

Katie- My high risk doctor is Dr. Pierce with Desert Perinatologists.

Nicole Cave said...

Oh it keeps the suspense alive!! It is probally too little girls with subborn little attitudes that have a mind of their own. J/J I never believe untrasound people. I swear I have to get at least two or three done in order to really confirm it. In fact I had one of those three-D ones done with Chanel because I wanted to be sure that there wasn't an extra body part before I started decorating her room!!

Mary Stuart said...

they were positive cal was a boy. i went to a special place to get 3d ultrsound pics taken. i had to go back twice because cal was not cooperating.

Nicole Cave said...

Amanda you have no idea what large is...just wait a little longer!!!:)

Miller Family said...

How exciting! Girls are great. I know what it is like to have your cervix checked all the dang time! The cool thing is that you will tons of ultrasounds and the relief of regular reassurances that everything is alright. Congrats!

The Leavitt Family said...

your belly is so cute - and so small for two but just enjoy because you won't really know the meaning of large until about 8 months when you can barely breathe or bend over to put your shoes on!! we were 100% sure with Jaxon because the only thing he would show on the ultrasound was his manhood! he wouldn't do anything else except swing his legs open :)

Trish said...

To be totally honest I voted on your gender poll and I went with two girls! Brad did too! It is funner that way beacause then you can make them matchy matchy all the time!

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Our Story...

Rob and I met in November of 2002 in the financial services office at BYU. After a very akward introduction, which involved me introducing myself in the third person, Rob called and asked me out. After a pretty amazing first date (its a long story-some other time), I confidently told Rob "that once he dated me he would never want to date anyone else." I really had no idea at that point that it was going to work out so well. We dated for the next five months and then one beautiful night on a bridge at Sundance resort, Rob and I got engaged. We were married four months later on August 16, 2003 in the Las Vegas, NV temple. And we have been living happily ever after since...