The following is a short list of sweet things that I never want to forget! I love being a mom!
1. Watching the girls sleep. They will not sleep unless they are touching heads and holding hands. It is the most precious thing I have ever witnessed! I will start them separate in their crib, and they will move until they are touching.
2. The smell of clean babies fresh from the bath!
3. The first time Camden found my hair and pulled it! It hurt but the look on her face was priceless! She looked like she just won the lottery!
4. Watching the girls hold their heads up during tummy time. They are so proud of themselves, they are usually smiling from ear to ear.
5. Emma's sweet dimples.
6. The fact that the girls wait until Rob gets home from work to have poopy diapers! They get so excited that it just all comes out! (Sorry, that is a little gross!) Makes me laugh everyday!
7. The first time Camden slept through the night! (I am happy to report that she has slept through the night 6 days in a row!) The first time it scared me to death! I checked on her so many times. Emma is only waking up once, and last night she slept from 9:30-5:00am! We are so happy!
8. The first time Emma put her hands around my neck and snuggled in under my chin. I cried it was so sweet.
I know there are more things, but those moments have been on my mind. I needed to write them down before they were forgotten! Please check out the new pictures below! They are growing up to fast! They are starting to grow out of their newborn clothes....so sad!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amanda & Rob Finlinson
Our Story...
- Amanda Finlinson
- Rob and I met in November of 2002 in the financial services office at BYU. After a very akward introduction, which involved me introducing myself in the third person, Rob called and asked me out. After a pretty amazing first date (its a long story-some other time), I confidently told Rob "that once he dated me he would never want to date anyone else." I really had no idea at that point that it was going to work out so well. We dated for the next five months and then one beautiful night on a bridge at Sundance resort, Rob and I got engaged. We were married four months later on August 16, 2003 in the Las Vegas, NV temple. And we have been living happily ever after since...

11 comments:
Thanks for sharing these sweet moments. Being a mom is a singular experience! I'm glad you are finding time to blog so we can get a peek on the twins! I love all the pictures, especially the ones of them together. It reminds me of pictures of me and my sis when we were babies. They are already looking so much bigger! I love all the little outfits... the brown polka dots and white hat are darling. And the matching shoes!!! Sorry this is rambling but I had a lot to say. :)
Amanda,
I can relate to all of your feelings about being a mom. There is nothing like it. Sometimes I get really upset when I think about how old my girls are getting. My mom has a sign on her wall that says: "Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened."
Love--CARRIE
Amanda,
You probably won't remember me since we've only met once or twice, but I grew up with Robbie and went to jr. high and high school (and college, I guess) with him. I've always had such respect for him and I think you're the cutest thing alive.
I found your blog through Bret's and just wanted to say how happy I am for you and Rob and your darling little girls! Bless your heart being a mother of twins. You're beautiful and your girls are beautiful and you're amazing to find so much joy in such a busy and difficult time. I'm also a new mom (with #2) and always think that the mothers of twins are absolute angels - and you fit the bill.
Sorry for the longest comment ever. Just wanted to say hello and I hope you don't care if I check in your darling family every now and then . . . love the blogging world!
Congratulations (belated)!
Annie (Burton) Karren
WHAT!? YOU HAVE TWINS???!! how exciting. my daughter accidentally dialed your number on my cell the other month and by the time i got to it i just let it ring -- cause it had been a while and i missed you. but alas -- wrong number, or disconnected or something. but i'm happy to see you and your babes on screen! congratulations!!!
oh i smiled reading your list...babies are so fun...even though they are also so hard :). how nice that they are starting to sleep through the night!
Okay that was so cute! Hi its Theresa. I just want you to know how much I enjoyed your company last night at bunko. It was so great! I loved reading about your little ones too,. What precious gifts they are.
All I can say is DIDO! Nothig more sweet then being a Mom. Your anouncment was darling, thank you!
How sweet! I love the pics, I love that they cuddle when they sleep, and I am so jealous that they are both practically sleeping through the night!! way to go!!!
Amanda its Mindy! You know, your favorite clogging companion!! How are you? Your babies are too cute! I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog!
ps hows you dad??!!
Amanda
I found you through another blog! But I am glad I did. Those babes are precious. Brings back a lot of memories. Being a mom is the best for everything you listed. congratulations!
Megan
They're adorable..it's great you're writing down all these special moments. It's fun to go back and remember all these things as they get older..it seems we forget to quickly!
Post a Comment