Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blessing the babies

On Sunday, February 17, 2008, we dressed our babies in their first significant white dress and took them to church to be blessed. It was such a special experience to see our sweet babies encircled by their loved ones, and given a special blessing. Rob did such a great job! He gave them each their own special blessing, considering their own sweet spirits. I was so touched by how proud he was to show them off to everyone in the congregation. It is a sweet thing to see the man that you love turn into such a great father.

We were very fortunate to have almost all of Rob's family (Turmans-we missed you!) in town to witness the girls on their big day. We truly appreciate everyone traveling so far to come and spend time with us! Thank you! What a fun weekend! We love you all! And a special thanks to my family who helped me out all week with preparations! I can always count on you!

Check out the slide show to see pictures of the girls!

7 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

what a special day! thanks for posting all the pics. i want to see your girlies in person! i think its crazy that i can tell them apart...most twins i can't for a long time...or i never can!

The Halligan's said...

Hey Amanda,
I just wanted to tell you that your baby girls are SOOOOOO precious! I saw your name on Katie and Matt's blog so I was checking your little ones out! Too cute! I hope all is well with you and your new little family.
-Amanda Halligan (HAFEN)

Theresa Rodriguez said...

thats so wonderful! They looked so beautiful! Congrats

Summers Family said...

I am glad I was there the Sunday you guys blessed the girls. They are sooo stinkin cute. Congratulations!!

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

Wow Amanda... I just found your blog thru Jenn's. 1st off, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so great, TWINS I love it!!! Anyway I enjoyed taking a look at your blog. Check mine out sometime. Congratulations again. The photos are so freakin' cute. aaronandjenbudge.blogspot.com

Amber said...

what a wonderful day for your family. they are so cute.

Kim said...

I'm so sad I missed it. I was out of town : (
Jill just taught me how to blog tonight! I'm going to add you to my friends list! My page is really plain right now... but I'll be working on it : )

I love your page! Your girls are so cute! Let me know if you ever need a sitter, being that I'm one street away : )

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Our Story...

Rob and I met in November of 2002 in the financial services office at BYU. After a very akward introduction, which involved me introducing myself in the third person, Rob called and asked me out. After a pretty amazing first date (its a long story-some other time), I confidently told Rob "that once he dated me he would never want to date anyone else." I really had no idea at that point that it was going to work out so well. We dated for the next five months and then one beautiful night on a bridge at Sundance resort, Rob and I got engaged. We were married four months later on August 16, 2003 in the Las Vegas, NV temple. And we have been living happily ever after since...