Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pacific Half Marathon


I love you girls!! Thanks for running with me!!

(Waiting for me at the finish line!)


So last fall some friends approached me to run a half marathon with them at the end of March in Malibu, CA. I have never been a huge runner, but decided to start running with these girls in the early mornings before Rob left for work. We trained all through the winter, and finally I ran my first half marathon on March 27th! It was an amazing experience. The race turned out to have a few more hills then I wanted it to, but I did it! My family was a great strength to me, I could not wait to see them waiting for my at the finish line. My sister Mariah made shirts for my girls to wear that said, "team amanda", and "that is my mommy!" It was so sweet. I still can't believe I did it, and would not trade those morning runs with my friends for anything. Especially now that pretty much all of those friends have moved! I am giving myself another few weeks before I start training for my next race...and part of me just wants to buy a bike!! What I learned about myself, and friendship from running this race and training for it- I would not trade for anything!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You go girl! I have had a nice two weeks off but now I am feeling lazy. I'm thinking about another one--I know crazy!!! But it's in Provo canyon and mostly downhill... after all those hills in CA it sounds easy. :) I just need a new goal to keep me going. How bout you?

Jordan and Jodi said...

Great job! Running can be addicting and a little rough on your joints but AMAZING! My husband is running a 1/2 next weekend. We'd also like to try biking next! Your girls are getting so big! :) They are adorable!

Crazy Like a Fox said...

Congrats on your 1/2 marathon! That is such a lot of hard work to put in!

Nicole S said...

You've inspired me. I've always wanted to run a marathon, and sounds like it was a great experience. Way to go Amanda!!

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Amanda & Rob Finlinson

Our Story...

Rob and I met in November of 2002 in the financial services office at BYU. After a very akward introduction, which involved me introducing myself in the third person, Rob called and asked me out. After a pretty amazing first date (its a long story-some other time), I confidently told Rob "that once he dated me he would never want to date anyone else." I really had no idea at that point that it was going to work out so well. We dated for the next five months and then one beautiful night on a bridge at Sundance resort, Rob and I got engaged. We were married four months later on August 16, 2003 in the Las Vegas, NV temple. And we have been living happily ever after since...